Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Chris Hawkey Power Play

Pay attention folks, a new band has come to town and I hope they wow you as much as they have me! I'm talking about "Chris Hawkey Power Play" and their latest album is "The Pursuit". As the yummy lead singer Chris Hawkey explains:

"...The record is called "The Pursuit' for many reasons. We are all in pursuit of something - dreams,a lost love, a better life for your children, closure or the cure of a terrible disease"

So true, Chris!

There are two good reasons for adding this CD to your collection - the first, ofcourse, is the music ( a wonderful blend of rock songs and ballads) which you can sample at www.chrishawkey.com and the second, but equally important reason for investing in this album is that all the proceeds go to The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance! You'll have to go to the website to find out more about the actual cause and how the sale of the disc benefits it.

My favorite tunes? The introductory song, "Rockstar" because it's brimming with energy and Hawkey delivers it with such an infectious vibe. I also love "Little Dance" - it's one of those tunes that compels your feet to take on a life of their own, so be careful while listening to it in the car, try to remember to bob your head instead! (btw, Chris wrote this song for his young daughter, Abigail) ;) "Steal A Moment" has radio-single written all over it and I just LOVE Hawkey's rendition of the Bread megahit, " Everything I own". "Just Like Everyone" is particularly poignant because it was written after Chris met a family whose son suffers from Tuberos Sclerosis.

In my humble view Hawkey and his band have created an album that the music industry should sit up and take notice of; I so hope they can just get the exposure they need and deserve...

Much thanks must go out to Brent for sending me the disc to listen to. Thanks, B!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the review and helping spread the word on great music for a great cause. Chris' goal is to raise $100,000 on the CD project and this kind of help will enlighten others on a somewhat unknown disorder and increase the chances of meeting the total.

Lotus Reads said...

BBBBBrent! :) Thanks for visiting the blog (finally) and you're welcome. The very best to Chris and the gang and thanks for letting me have a listen to the album - I have enjoyed it so much and will pass it on in order to spread the word.

Susan in Italy said...

These guys sound like a lot of fun. I can't believe they're from the Twin Cities! I missed out while living there.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

I'll look out for the music album
when I'm back in London, Lotus. Which shouldn't be too long now.
I've learnt so much from your educational posts...I really have.
lots of love

Lotus Reads said...

Hi, Susan!

When did you leave the US to live in Italy? Did you also live in Greece for a while? I think it's wonderful you've had the opportunity to live in so many different places. I'd like to do that some day. Hope some of the music on this album can keep you company as you prepare your (much-looked-forward-to-by me)culinary delights!

Lotus Reads said...

Hi ya, Susan!

When do you intend travelling to London? I ask because we hope to be there in the last week of July. Do let me know if there's the chance we might be able to hook up!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

I'm now wishing that I didn't have to go back to a sorching summer but simply wait for the autumn. Don't think I'll be able to stay away that long though. Will keep you updated, Lotus. love

Lotus Reads said...

Ok, Sus, we'll play it by ear then!

Lotus